In the Community
Apprio Making a Difference
Apprio gives back to the communities we serve. Examples of the company’s giving include:
- Army Ten Miler: Apprio employees, family and friends join in the charity race known as the Army Ten-Miler. The Army Ten-Miler is produced by the Military District of Washington with race proceeds benefitting Soldier MWR programs.
- Capital Youth Empowerment Program: As the title sponsor for this annual charity golf tournament focused on reunification of the family, Apprio supports CYEP’s mission to provide innovative, high-quality and cost-effective programs that address the fatherless home, teen pregnancy and family dysfunction. This year, 2019, marks the eigth year in a row Apprio has served as the title sponsor for this event.
- Enough is Enough: Apprio supports this charity focused on Internet safety for kids.
- Food Banks: Apprio employees volunteer at the Maryland Food Bank-Baltimore Area and the Capital Area Food Bank Washington. Read More
- Habitat for Humanity: Employees put on their contractor hats and bring their sweat equity to help to build affordable housing in Washington, D.C.
- Institute For Responsible Citizenship: Apprio sponsors this charity and provides a paid summer internship for Institute Scholars.
- Martha’s Table: Making a difference in the youngest lives, Apprio employees give their time and talents to this organization that promotes stronger children, stronger families and stronger communities by increasing access to good-quality education programs, healthy food and family supports.
- Washington, D.C., Tour de Cure to Stop Diabetes and Step Out to Stop Diabetes: Walking and cycling by Washington, D.C. historical sights and points-of-interest helps to fund the American Diabetes Association. Apprio employees don their walking shoes and moisture-wicking apparel—or their helmets and cycling jerseys—to help the cause to stop diabetes. Read More
- Williams-Franklin Foundation: Apprio is a proud contributor to this organization for its academic scholarships and business and career networking for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) students.
- Toys for Tots: Apprio employees support this Marine-sponsored program that relies on toy contributions and monetary donations to provide toys at Christmas for the less fortunate.
- ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk: Team Apprio participants proudly put on their walking/running gear for the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk. Read More
Additional contributions include donations to the Martin Luther King Jr. Foundation.