Understanding the Federal Retirement Systems 2018 Edition
by John Grobe
John Grobe is a retired federal employee specializing in retirement- and career transition-related issues. Prior to his retirement, Grobe managed the retirement program in one of the Internal Revenue Service’s larger offices.
Grobe has designed and delivered hundreds of pre-retirement seminars for several federal agencies, and he has presented on employment and retirement issues at local, national and international conferences.
In addition to Understanding the Federal Retirement Systems, Grobe has written retirement-and career transition-related articles for the online editions of the Wall Street Journal, the Retirement and Financial Planning Report, and FPMI’s Insight and HR Edge. His articles have appeared in the Chicago Tribune, Training Today and Government Manager.
Retirement from federal service isn’t as simple as it seems. This easy-to-understand book makes retirement simple as it guides the reader through all aspects of retirement while answering such questions as:
- When will I be eligible to retire?
- When can I afford to retire?
- What happens to my health insurance?
- Should I elect a survivor’s benefit for my spouse?
- What options do I have regarding my TSP investments?
- What will I do when I retire?
- What effect do unpaid deposits and re-deposits have on my pension?
- How does social security work and what effect will a CSRS pension have on my receipt of Social Security benefits?
- And many more!
For information or to order publications, please email or call Apprio Learning Solutions:
Apprio’s Federal Management Institute Learning Solutions
7027 Old Madison Pike NW
Huntsville, AL 35806